Tuesday, June 30, 2009

G.O.L.F


G.O.L.F. "Greatest Of Life's Frustrations". I can't take credit for that little "phrase", but I am sure many of you have seen it on shirts and hats around golf courses this year. Well, my golf game may be frustrating at times, this is true. However, the opportunity that I have to spend on the golf course with my kids is one of lifes greatest rewards!
I am so lucky to have all three of my kids into golf. Allison has been playing for about three years. She has picked up on it really quick and last year was all conference and was one stroke away from being the conference champion.
Tyler is going to be an eigth grader this coming school year. He has played on the Jr. High team for the past two seasons. When he relaxes, he has such a sweet swing. He has really improved the past couple years and can really hit it when he gets a hold of it. I look forward to seeing what he does when he gets to high school. What I like the most is that he really practices a lot and puts a lot of time in.
Tim (pictured above) actually gave up baseball so he could play more golf this year. That was a decision he totally made on his own. The picture shown above is Tim after he got his first "official" par. Allison witnessed it and took the picture. He loves going out and playing with his big brother and sister. I am glad he is getting an early start. Look out for Tim as he gets up to Jr. High and High School.
Believe or not, Cindy has really got into it too. She actually admits she enjoys watching a close PGA match on TV! How many wives will admit that? Not many I would say. She enjoys watching and keeping score of our kids during a match. So if you're playing our kids, you better make sure you keep score correctly cause she's watching.
I always said that I would only play golf if we could do it as a family. Who knew that the plan would actually come to fruition. Too many guys I know have gone off and played for four hours while the family sits home. That won't happen to me. I will go with "the guys" once in a while. But my foursome is already set....Allison, Tyler, Tim and Me (with Cindy riding along to keep score).
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment