Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving in Missouri


Wow! What a weekend. A lot of traveling but a lot fun. The boys and I were excited to pick up Mom and Allison Wednesday evening. We then followed the Pinions to Webb City, MO. We arrived about 2:30 a.m. A special thanks to Doug and Crystal (one of Dave's sisters) for allowing us to stay in their house during our stay. Thursday was, of course, a great meal and I managed to stuff myself....again. On Friday the girls did a little shopping and Dave's youngest brother, John, and Dave's Dad took the boys, Chase, Dave and I to a public park shooting range. The boys had a blast shooting some guns of John. It was great for John to take the time to show the boys some gun safety and correct ways to handle them.

Allison loved seeing Chase's grandparents and family again. They have been so nice and supportive to her. Cindy and I also enjoyed getting to know them this past weekend. Here's a picture of Allison and a cousin of Chase's, Katlin (probably didn't spell it right).

Early Saturday morning we left and went back to Spencer, IN. We went to an IU game, saw my cousin Austin and went back to the house to watch, unfortunately, another ND football loss. The boys and I came back this afternoon.

It was a long weekend but an absolute blast. Most importantly, we were together after being separated for almost two weeks. That is what I was most thankful for on this Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment