Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Letter From Cindy

Below is a letter that Cindy wanted me to post on the blog. I am thankful that she put this down in writing. Please continue to pray for her as well. She's got a lot on her shoulders down in Spencer and Bloomington. Helping Allison with all of her emotional and physical needs can, I am sure, be overwhelming at times too. She amazes me!

Trent

This letter is in response to the account at Interra Credit Union that was set up to help with Allison's medical expenses.

Thank-you. Two words that seem very minuscule compared to how much your contributions have helped us and reminded us how God always provides. Trent and I cannot express how much it meant that our friends would do this for us. We are extraordinarily blessed to live amongst wonderful communities and have extended family and friends to support us. Your prayers have provided support and peace that is not able to be understood. Words cannot express our true heartfelt gratitude.
We wanted to share something that happened just recently. Trent received a letter at home regarding a large balance that was to be paid at the first of the year, because we will need to pay new deductibles and reach new out of pocket limits for the New Year. This amount was fairly large and I hoped that I could call and set up on a payment plan like we have at Riley’s and for other doctor services. When I called she was very helpful and commented that a plan could be made, however a lump sum would need to be paid first. The amount she told me was $1,300.00-$1,400.00. The rest would then be placed on a payment plan. This was a relief, but at the same time this amount was a lot, since we are currently still paying on several plans. Trent called Kim to check on the balance in the account to see how that would help us. Without knowing the amount we had to pay on January 5th, she told him that the balance was $1340.00. When Trent called me back and told me, my knees went weak. Words again could not express what I was feeling. God provided a way through all of you to help us. You all were a part of God’s plan. Even if you have not provided monetarily, your prayers have been heard. Peace and provisions have been provided. We are in the midst of answered prayers. I had to share this information because so many times I feel we are afraid to acknowledge provisions God provides as merely coincidence. Not only has God provided monetarily, but I can tell you that there is no way that I, Cindy, could be as content as I am without answered prayers. This year has provided many challenges for my “planning” personality and expectations I had for the holidays. I am realizing peace in confusing times. This is by the power we have through prayer.
People ask me….. have there been doubtful times? yes!….have there been emotional breakdowns?...yes!....are you scared sometimes?...yes! But I believe that God allows us to feel weak and helpless, so we can then feel the immensity of His power. When we can feel beyond what we know is capable on our own—it is a miracle. So we have you all to thank for your part. Your support in various ways has allowed God to work. . When we begin to worry about the future, we remember Philipians 4:6-7. Rich Yauger placed that verse on the bracelets that the Grace youth group is selling for Allison. He picked out a wonderful verse that reminds us continually to give everything over to the Lord.
This holiday as you celebrate this special season remember this miracle that you have been a part of and ALL the miracles in your own life. Thank the Lord for those blessings—they are real. Please continue to pray for Allison and our family. She is scheduled to have treatments through January 5th, but may not be released till the 8th. There will be many visits in the spring and throughout the next year. Pray that her healthy tissue is protected and that the tumor and head pain diminish. Pray for all who are caring for her that their hands will be directed by God and His will be done. Continue to pray for our family as we will be glad for some time together over Christmas break! The transition back into a “normal schedule” for Allison is bound to be somewhat overwhelming physically and emotionally. The side effects of radiation will continue to be apparent for several months and thefull effects not apparent for up to a year. Thanks again so very much.


Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart, Cindy. Such special blessings you are all receiving!

    ReplyDelete