Monday, January 11, 2010

More "Excitement" at the Hostetler House

This Saturday became way more eventful than I intended it to be. I managed to flip my tractor over and land it on my left leg. I was pinned for awhile then was able to get my family by phone. They called 911 and rescue was on the way. Cindy hooked onto the tractor with a chain and my truck and pulled enough for me to get out. The EMS was concerned that I had a crushed femur because of the "severely deformed" way that my thigh looked. They decided to airlift me to South Bend Memorial because of their trauma unit. Meanwhile, my daughter over exerted herself while trying to help me and passed out. She was taken to Goshen Hospital treated and released. I then spent my first night in a hospital as a patient. The nurses were great and very helpful. Sunday afternoon I was released and went to Timothy's basketball game. Then finally made it home to rest.

Just like I thanked so many people during Allison's treatment, I need to thank so many people for all the prayers for me during this traumatic time. The encouraging messages on FB and all the prayers were so helpful. Now I need some time for the leg to heal itself and work out the soreness. God is so amazing and I am so thankful for the protection over me. It definitely could have been a lot worse. The thought I my family not having me and the hurt that would have caused them both sends chills to my spine and tears to my eyes.

After all of this I hope that all of us live life to the fullest, accept Christ as your personal savior(if you haven't already) because you never know when your time is up and make sure to love on your family anytime you can!

Trent

2 comments:

  1. Trent...reading about your ordeal in your words does give me chills. Very Grateful you are okay and Alli is okay. Take it easy for the rest of the month, okay??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent - so glad you are ok. I will add you to my prayers. I pray each day for Allison. Take care!

    Janice Cunningham

    ReplyDelete